Watercolor Weekend Bliss, 2 days London Workshop | Sept 21-22, 2024
Watercolor Weekend Bliss, is a two-day workshop open to all levels
Join me for two days of immersive painting, where we'll explore both basic and advanced techniques. From prepping your paper to experimenting with various supplies, we'll dive into medium (12x16in) and large formats (16x22in).
In our first session, let's discover:
- Essential insights on art supplies and how to use them
- Different paper stretching techniques
- Prep for day two by stretching your paper
- Brush techniques for creating unique marks and shapes
- Using alternative materials for textures
- Using water as a medium of dispersion
- We'll wrap up with a fun session, painting a loose floral or an easy abstract, allowing you to put into practice everything we've learned during class.
In the second session, we'll tackle:
- Layering with masking fluid and understanding the process
- Creating textures between layers
- Final project. Let's bring your creativity and new techniques to life!
While some previous experience with watercolors can be helpful, it's not essential. We'll experiment with different papers, brushes, watercolors, and inks to create unconventional effects. This class is about pushing boundaries, having fun, and embracing the liberating experience of unrestricted painting—an ideal environment for honing your skills.
Beyond the art-making, feel free to bring any questions about selling your art or preparing your files. We'll foster a supportive environment for discussion and learning.
Details for the Watercolor Weekend Bliss Workshop:
- Date: Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd September 2024
- Time: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm - Class might be extended to 4pm on the second day, to allow enough time for the final project
- Location: My garden-studio in W10 London
To ensure a personalized experience, space is limited to 4 participants, and upfront payments secure your spot. Please note, this is a non-refundable class unless cancelled. After payment, a PDF with my address and further instructions will be emailed to you. Ensure smooth communication by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
All materials, along with tea and nibbles, will be provided. If you have any questions about this class, don't hesitate to email me at email@example.com.